Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Finally Fall

I don't feel like being productive right now, so I'll write in my blog. It's a gray, rainy day, and cooler. It dropped to the 60s yesterday - 20 degrees cooler than Monday. Welcome fall :-). I love the heat, but I have to say the fall, changing colors, and being cosily wrapped up appeals to me right now. Maybe I'm sick of my short-sleeved clothes. But here we are.

I'm happy today. Yes, I'm up and down - don't know how to get away from that. But I have been in contact with some older friends lately and that just makes me happy. Neat to get re-united with Holly who I was raised with before age 8? She has a blog here, too, and she lives in Connecticut and hopefully we'll meet up! Also 27 and single, so we can bond over that :-). Just that little reach out made me happy. And a couple of other things.

Monday was fun. I determined this week would be a lot more low-key - life's been too frazzled lately. And it has been more low-key - yippee. Although I did go out Monday night, but I ate at home which makes me feel better. Went with my roommate to a film festival film called "Flight of the Red Ballon" with Juliet Binochet! Set in Paris, sorta linked to the children's story if you know it. Artsy, so slow at parts, but good acting, good (sad) story. Felt nice to go. It was in the Time Warner building in Columbus Circle which is fabulous - nice theater! And nice to go with someone - my roommate and I are becoming friends. Although she's so particular about things at home. I get the feeling she follows me around and re-does everything her way after I leave. But just a feeling.

Trying to get more sleep this week, too. And yesterday especially I succeeded. After finishing Harry Potter! Well, I have yet to read the epilogue, but I got to the end of the story. Ah, and a good story it was. I read so slow towards the end - I hate to finish books because it means the end of the story, end of characters I'm attached to! Sniff. Go Harry.

But also yesterday I rode my bike. Always on Tuesdays. Altho this was after the drop in temperature and it was windy along the Hudson River track, and sprinkling. Tough ride, but I made it. Went from my now-home back up to my old neighborhood- up to 100th! Proud of myself. Still doing exercise about 6 times a week. But happily yesterday I was home before 6:30 (from my ride) and had the whole night to just relax at home! I did 2.5 hours of work - good for me. And made another good dinner. Just felt more at peace, which I needed. Hopefully can do that again tonight!

I was thinking lately that I feel like Neo. Before following the white rabbit, before Trinity, before taking the red pill. Woah - that makes me Keanu - scary. But anyway - still discovering my true destiny, my purpose, still gray but ready to awaken. And I especially like this analogy because he was strongly attached, they said, not to humanity per se, but to 1 other human. But he had to discover that over time. Eventually...

People are important - they really make my life full so to speak. And I miss people. Having experiences is wonderful, but singular experiences still lack a certain shared essence. But I'm particular about my people. Who knew there are so many crazy people out there? Maybe it's just this city...

Ok enough rambling. Enjoy your week.

No comments: