Monday, June 23, 2008

Nomad once again

Periodically I get excited about travel - about wonderous places to see, about adventures yet to be had, histories and cultures to discover. I was so not in that itchy "need-to-travel" state when I left for Australia to be honest. I wanted to be home. New York hadn't worn off yet. But, apparently being here has peaked it again - my wanderlust :-). I have a conversation or 2 with people about their travels, and I can't wait to go there myself! Exploration! So here's where I really want to go (because making lists excites me):

Mongolia - just had conversation about this place with people over "cake time" - sounds fascinating in its remotely
Egypt - history - need I say more?
Bali - my cousin went here and I am just fascinated with their shadow puppets. Will try to go there while I'm down here :-).
India - eventually - it'll be difficult to go here, but it's a must
Israel - so much history here, too, and an interesting part of the world
Turkey - awesome wares and food/drinks!
Eastern Europe - really need to go to Prague and Vienna, and I've love to see Bucharest and other cities (maybe Belgrade?) around there :-).
Ireland/Scotland/Stonehenge - I'd love to see this part of the world - so green!
Casablanca, Morocco maybe? You can guess why :-)
Central America - Belize (awesome scuba), Costa Rica, maybe Panama, Guatemala, etc.

Ok, that's my current list. Of course there are other possibilities, but these are highest right now. And sometime I'll probably have to break down and see Japan and all that too. But we'll see.

So if you are interested in any of this - tell me and sign up to go with me! I'm available anytime - especially if companions volunteer :-).
Yay nomadic life!

No comments: