Thursday, July 24, 2008

Melbourne pics!

And, as the Sydney pictures were well liked - by popular demand - Melbourne pics :-). Again - I took 275 pictures down there and uploaded 183 to Snapfish, so email me if you want to see more than just these :-). Wonderful photos, if I do say so myself!


First off, an icon of the city - Flinders Street Station - the main railway station. Right down on the river :-).


I just liked this building - it's the old "Public Bath" house. If you see the black signs - left says "women" and right says "men" :-).


In Phoebe and Nick's neighborhood, but really all over because Melbourne is in the state of Victoria, Victorian house. See all the fruu-fruu scallops? Pretty!


Me, on a windy day on the Shrine of Remembrance (war memorial) overlooking the river and city. Suns in the wrong place :-).


Pretty picture of city across the Yarra River:


Phoebe will kill me for this, but here's a picture of Phoebe and Nick in Melbourne Central - a mall and train station :-). It's Friday night - time to celebrate shops being open!


To show a normal picture of Phoebe (albeit pregnant :-)), here's her and I with spears - on the edge of the Yarra river that goes through Melbourne.


Neat picture that night of river and back of Flinders Street Station with lights. This is the night I went to the Australian play, and we got an awesome Italian risotto dinner.


On the Great Ocean Road! The main icon are the 12 apostles - limestone rock formations coming out of the sea - although there are only 7 or so left. Although the sun is setting (sorta the wrong place), I liked this picture :-).


More majestic apostles:


Me, and another rock formation on the Great Ocean Road - London Bridge which is now separated from land :-).


And last, but certainly not least - one of my favorite signs on the road :-). The Great Ocean road is frequently driven by tourists who aren't from around here. How funny!


Too bad I couldn't get the "kangaroo around" sign photograph :-).

Well, that's it folks for now. Enjoy the pictures! I'm not traveling again for a few more weeks, although there are always pictures of homey Canberra.

1 comment:

Holly Harris Murray said...

Pics are amazin Jenn...totally makes me want to come to Australia!