Thursday, August 7, 2008

My Beautiful Canberra

So, because I'm now off of paper deadline and can sleep and think and not be so stressed (literally I was waking up early because of stress), I can do normal people things again like organize pictures! Just to give you an idea - Tuesday night I stayed up until 3:30am working to get a new thing implemented to see if we could go for the paper - if the results of that would be good enough. And in the morning at our decision meeting, we decided we wouldn't be going for the paper. Mixed blessing... But I was really glad to get some just life-stuff taken care of yesterday after the stress was lifted! And went for a very satisfying 10K run this morning! Was proud :-). And treated myself to a massage today :-).

Oh - don't have a picture of it yet, but on my way home I always see a sign that cracks me up - It says "Drink & Drive. It's A Crime." :-).

So, life goes on, there are ups and downs. But more and more I do feel like I'm figuring myself out (which never will cease) and that's fun. Here's to figuring life out bit by bit! And getting a bit lost along the way :-). But... to pretty pictures!


Classic! Be aware of wombats :-).


On top of Baroomba Rocks after hiking up - beautiful views of Canberra from afar! Above our heads :-). This is mentor Steve, his son Kyler, and I.


Same location, Kyler, me, and friend Nancy from Connecticut.


Canberra over the green hills :-).


This is Lake Burley Griffin - I'm bike riding :-). This is a beautiful bell tower called The Carillion on the lake.


Also the lake, with Telestra tower - my daily icon and way to orient myself - in the distance. Love this run/bike path!


Geyser fountain on Lake Burley Griffin - part of Captain Cook Memorial. Pretty :-).


View across river of Parliamentary region - old parliament is white building in front, and then the new parliament has metal towers over it with flag.


Parliament up close!


I love this picture for some reason. It has Australia's seal - with Kangaroo and Emu, and the flag on the right.


Neat view of old parliament from new parliament - and you can see across lake the corridor of the War Memorial and Mt. Ainslie which I climbed!


Same general picture - me in front with my bike. And I was taking pictures at dusk and it started to rain - can you see it on my jacket? Fun times.


That's it for now! I want to do a "pictures of birds" post sometime soon too. But I'm getting ready for my last weekend in Canberra, then 3 weeks of travel, then home. Crazy! Time's gone by fast, but I can't wait to come home. Cheers.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Wow, time has flown! The pics are great - thanks for sharing :)