Wednesday, July 4, 2007

All-American 4th of July

Happy 4th of July and Independence Day! I'm excited it's the 4th.

Last night I did the all-American thing and went to a Yankees game with friends! It was lots of fun - we ate hot dogs, soft pretzels, sang the anthem and "Take Me Out To the Ballgame". Very American :-). They were playing the Minnesota Twins, and although 2 out of the 8 intern group that went were Twins fans, and the Yankees have been doing horribly lately, we won! We left in the middle of the 8th inning and Yankees were up 8-0. We even saw a home run! It was great :-). We were in the bleachers, but after the sun got out of our eyes - it really was a great view of the field. And nice day - nice temperature. All-in-all fun. I liked Cano - he was good at bat. And we came away with a souvenir cup and a little helmet with their logo on it (it held ice cream :-)).

So I had been feeling sick all day - my stomach was bothering me then I felt a little feverish and light-headed at the end of the day, so we basically went home and crashed. I think my body was telling me to get some sleep! And it felt good to just sleep in today - I think I slept close to 12 hours - woohoo! Feeling better...

Now Naveen and I are planning more American activities while I'm off work today - going to see an afternoon movie, then going to join large throngs of people for hours to get a good spot to watch fireworks this evening! I'm excited :-). Oh yeah - we will run in the park first because we love that.

I keep hearing more things to do here and I'm going crazy! Hope I can do most of them and feel like I've experienced this place, but I probably shouldn't worry :-). Yes I've been pondering a lot lately - about planning and anticipation and trying to fit everything in and not miss anything and variety (trying new things everyday) versus doing what you know you like/being more stable... and what are you passionate about and what is a researcher and judging versus being inclusive. And even Manhattan being a special magical place with tons of new opportunities, or it being just another city with a few individual traits, but basically offering the same as other large cities. Too much pondering. It's usually Naveen that brings these things up, but not always, but it hurts my head to question myself all the time - or hurts my confidence. So rather than focus on all those today - I'm going to go enjoy my day off with Naveen :-).

Happy 4th!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY 4TH of July!! Ballgame and fireworks sound like fun....so much to do there it is mind boggling......a tad different than Brookings, Oregon! Enjoy everything, I love you, Mom