Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Peculiarities of my Apartment

So I was just hanging out in my apartment (my mausoleum), and thinking about peculiarities. BTW, CHECK OUT the last 2 posts from yesterday too...

1) The only toilet is in a walk-in closet accessible from the living room/kitchen area. There are no other bathroomy things in the room - no sinks or anything.

2) I use the kitchen sink as my only sink - for food, dishes, teeth brushing, etc.

3) The ceilings in my room (living room) are about 20 feet up, and the room is really spacious - very odd for Manhattan. There's an awesome skylight at the top. It's fun to hear it raining on the skylight.

4) In said large living room, there is a small radiator in 1 corner that is about 1/2 or 1/3 the size of the large radiator in the bedroom in the back (my roommate's) - and the bedroom is about 1/2 to 1/3 the size of this living room. Inverse proportions.

5) The only real bathroom is only accessible from the back bedroom - but it has no toilet. That's where I shower in an old-fashioned tub with claws - has to have (3) shower curtains all the way around it to keep water out of the bathroom. However, I have to open the shower curtains to get to my shampoo and soap. But one of the shower curtains is a map of the world, so I like analyzing it :-). But there's no shower mat.

6) There are books and plants everywhere in my living room. But nothing looks used. The TV sure isn't and the kitchen sure isn't (including a mini fridge).

7) I'm pretty sure my roommate stole makeup pads from me. It's ok because I stole them from Sephora's sample trial stuff they had out. But I saw one in the bathroom today with makeup on it, and I'm pretty sure my roommate (who doesn't shower and rarely uses the toilet - never when I'm home) doesn't wear makeup because she works at a spa. But for never showering here, she has a ton of bathroom products in the bathroom!

8) There are no clocks.

Fun stuff :-). But I've made my bed into a kind of fort for myself - yippee :-).

1 comment:

Carol said...

I liked picturing what your apartment looks like :)